Jesus Moments at Stillwood Shine Retreat
there were a bunch of moments when i saw Jesus shine through the middle school kids who went on the shine retreat weekend... i will list them below. if i have left any out add them.
what a great weekend though eh?
- in the church parking lot i saw 2 girls go out of their way to make some other girls feel welcome and fit in
- at camp during cabin time i saw a bunch of guys open up and be honest with each other. (what is said in the cabin stays in the cabin)
- i watched a number of our students embrace new people who joined our cabins who signed up without a church group
- a group of young men sat together and listened for Jesus' voice and encouraged each other and enjoyed God's presence
- a group of us guys went for a prayer walk together to marvel at God's creation and have a conversation with God in the quiet of the trail
- i watched as a young man offered forgiveness to someone who had been really quite rotten to him (he made me very proud of him for his Christlike attitude)
these are just some of the cool moments that i was able to watch at this year's Shine retreat... i'm sure there were a ton that i missed.

10 Comments:
That's cool!!! Hope everyone who went to Stillwood had a better time then me. I was board!!!! I watched movies all day. By the way did you guys do any sweet pranks?
so hey... i guess that these Moments were mainly with dudes and there aren't as many listed about the girls... that is just because i was witha cabin full of guys.
why doesn't someone write in and comment about some of the cool Jesus moments with the girls.
oh an laura there weren't any great pranks but i heard rumours about an afterhour campfire with marshmallows and popcorn though..
Sweet. I couldn't go... I'm going with my school in a month or so, but I hope y'all had fun!
thats great about the camp retreat and that u saw some realy good things that part about the man forgiving someone who was rotten kind of applies to me as im trying to deal with someone like that myself. hope u guys had a great time at camp though!
nora
hey phil its james.Another thing we did was in our cabbin(NORTH VEIW HEEEEEEEHEEEEEEE)we all sat around and talked or thought about times we where tempted by the dark side (insert vader breathing sounds)
Another thing about still wood was that all the grade 8's in our cabbin thought it would be funny to give all the grade 6's (me +friends) a wedgie well you know how that turned out. Anyways I gotta go to school C YA!
It would be nice if you blogged about something that I could comment about. Something intresting, so I could give my perspective/ point of view.
i was at the retreat, it rocked! i especially liked the band and music! me and three of my friends were the only gr. 6 girls from central heights! i also really enjoyed the fort knox game with four teams! i didn't understand the night game though. i just didn't get it :) oh well. whoever organized that, it was really fun and thanks so much for all that work you did! thanks to you too, Phil and all the leaders!! You all are great!
teagan
good to see you blogging! oh an you are welcome it is really fun to hang out with you as well!
good on ya for being the only brave gr. 6 girls and for being the only people to jump in the lake. i am kinda jealous
Phil
at stillwood, I had a girls northview cabin
(we were the leaders with the keytar)
Our cabin had many chances to talk,
it was amazing to see how many of these girls were touched by god. During on of the prayer sessions, on the last night, I saw one of my really good friends, just was so touched by everything, I really made me so happy I came and have accepted jesus in my life.
Eee-dawg
Post a Comment
<< Home