1 Peter 2:12
this is it. this is the Blog that i talked about at youth. i am looking for honest thoughtful comments and i will pick one and visit your school with Pizza for you. so when you post make sure to leave your full name... yes i admit this is a bit of a gimmick to get people blogging, it is also a gimmick to have an excuse to hang out with you! but most important, it is a way that we can dig into God's word together!
In 1 Peter 2:12 the Bible says, "Be careful how you live among your unbelieving neighbors. Even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will believe and give honor to God when he comes to judge the world."
INSTRUCTIONS:
So what i am looking for is for you to read this verse a few times, and then i want to hear what you think God wants to tell you through this verse. you may also tell me a story about a time when you or someone you know lived out what this verse says... or maybe they lived it out poorly.
i will post another blog in the next few days to respond to the comments, and to talk a bit about the meaning and application of this verse.
HAPPY COMMENTING!!

17 Comments:
So is it possible that Phils gonna have to come to Montana with Pizza for me?? What I get from this verse is that actions speak louder than words. We should make our lifes an example of how God wants us to live. We should imitate Jesus. Whats what I have to say about that.
Phil, When I win can you bring me Panago Pizza? Hopefully Im allowed to win. I win by default if no one esle posts right? I like Ham and Pineapple, and also Hot/Spicy Pizza, you know the kinds. Anyways, just came in for lunch now, (2:30pm) up at the vets all morning testing some of the animals. Good Fun. Ill talk to you later. Bye
hey its james(ill tell you my last name at youth tommorrow) so sorry jason no default win for you =) lol.anyways when i read that verse I thought that the message was even though are friends might not be christion(I think i spelt christion wrong but I dont know how to spell it)when God judges the world they will honor him.an story of this well sort of is at the shine retreat when they asked the non-christions to become christions ,I personally am not christion, but I do believe,I didn't know if I should go up .I didn't want my friends or family to look at me differantly and I didn't know if I could make that big of commitment or change or big decision or etc.I was so confused ,odd fealing ,sad, emotional,etc that I didn't go up .I just didn't know what to do.so even thoughtGod didn't decide to judge the world I still didn't become christion but i was havving a rough time . but I was thankfull for my christion friends who under stood and didn't make fun of me when I was/... Emotional.It showed me just how God influanced them.anyways I gotta go .sorry jason no default pizza.
P.S. I like cheese pizza (panago sounds good(just kiddin what ever you get)
What is a gimick?
I think that god always wants us to be honest at all times. Even if people will think that we are loosers, or not cool,(NOT true) we need to honour god whith all we do and say. If we do what god wants, we will have rewards in heven.
P.S By the way instead of pizzzza could we have stuff from Fusion????
Hey Phil it's Marabeth Kasper. I feel like God is saying don't look down on those who aren't believers it could come back on you. But if you are good to them you will be a person that they look up to, and want to be like.
Oh Phil, i don't think god wants us to "Go with the flow" he wants us to do whats right and always honour him.
Hey phil its james I just had a question for laura What do you mean by go with the flow?
P.S. when are you gonna reply to what weve said??????
I mean, sometimes people do something that is wrong. They say if you don't follow them you won’t be cool or something like that. We should always obey god with our actions, even if we won't have popularity. So you can follow the wrong crowd or follow Jesus!!!!
Do you get it???
Another thing, God wants us to respect others and always be nice to them.
hey its james...again now i get it laura, thanks.God also wants us to help friends not do the wrong thing like shoplifting or stealing(bubble tape phil=))and show them the rights things in life anyways gotta go to school. C YA!
i like how it says in ephesians that (this may seem out of context, but youll get the point soon)we are born again in christ, literally putting to death the worldly self, and recieving the true nature of christ. i have been thinking recently that if we recieve christs nature, then we are to live like christ did, and he spent alot of his time with "sinners" and drunks among others, and when he was accused of doing wrong, he continued what he was doing anyway.
no jason, unfortunately i will not bring you panago to montana... but i wrote a post about pizza
james,
i really like what you wrote. i would like to talk to you sometime about what it means to be a Christian. it sounds like you are really thinking through some big decisions...
good for you man! that is very cool!
let me know what you have been thinking about this recently.
Phil
hey Phil it's james.so anyways ive been thinkin ...well if all my friends are christion (I still spell christion wrong) and I am usually the one that is "alienated" from the group then would I fit in better if I was christion? Ive also thought " if the bible is true, then wouldn't the afterlife in heaven be great?"
I also think "if I become christion then will kids make fun of me for doing the unpopular thing, because i get my fare share of being made fun of already .and the last one is " If I become christion then will anyone think of me diffrently, because I don't want to be trated as a person with higher or lesser liking or ...you get the point.Anyways C ya!( I gotta go do my home work,sobsobsobsobsobsobsob hhhhomeeeeewworrrrrrrrkk wwwwhhhhyyyyyyyyy mmmmmmeeeeeeeeee.
P.S.
you still havent told me what a gimick is (lol).and ill tell you more of my thoughts at youth tommorow that I don't want on a public web site( along with my last name) CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey James,
i know that sometimes the people we hang out with are not always kind to us... that sucks. i know how that feels and it is not fun.
i don't think you should become a Christian so that people will be nice to you.
you should become a CHristian because Jesus loves you and He will always accept you even when others are sometimes mean.
Jesus knows exactly what you are going through..imagine that you knew you were about to be killed in a horrific way (the cross) and all your closest friends who you spent three years with all abandoned you in your time of need.
that is what heppened to Jesus... he asked his friends to stay with him the night he was gong to be murdered and pray and they all fell asleep, and one of his closest friends sold him out and got him murdered... on top of that his friends denied even knowing him.
anyways james i realyy appreciate your honesty dude you are awesome!
Phil
let's talk more about this!
sorry james that is the long way to say that Jesus knows what it is like to have people alienate him.
he understands you buddy!
james a gimmick is something that gets people involved or gets them to d something...usually it is a way that companies get people to buy stuff
for example: pizza places have buy one get one free, or McDonalds has their McDeal on each day of the week...
Post a Comment
<< Home