Sunday, March 12, 2006

this doesn't sound like it is going to work pt. 2

Okay, there are four amazing comments posted by people who have shed some real earthy wisdom on the dilemma that my friend faces if you haven't read them yet, stop reading this and go to the previous post. also, i may have to break this one into a few posts.

here is where i come off on this one

should you continue to be good friends with people who may negatively influence you? YES... should they be the closest people in your life? NO.

my best friends are my heros as well, these are people who i know i can trust with pretty much anything. these are people who i ask advice from when i am stuck, people who i look up to, people who i want to turn out to be like. my closest friends are people who have qualities that i want.

does this mean that i should avoid people who may not hold the same beliefs as i do? or that i should ditch people who do things that i don't agree with? NO.

Jesus calls us to love and accept people who think and act differently than we do without bending our own beliefs.

it is all about who is your closest group of friends? are they people that you want to be like? are they people who you can trust with anything... i mean absolutely anything?... but also are you too good to be friends with people who are different than you? do you show them God's love?

write in and tell me about a friend who you want to be like and why?

4 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there are 2 friends I would like to be like. These arent in any order, so dont get offened.
One of the people is Jordan Todd. If you ever need some one to talk to, to challenge you, or to give advice on a situation you are going through. JTodds your man. He has been a great blessing to me over the last couple of months with stuff I have been going through. He was the one who told me to go to Montana, even though he knew it ment lossing a really close friend of his for awhile. Dont worry JTodd Ill be home soon! So he is one of the people.

The other person Is Phil Toews. He as been a friend of mine ever since I was like 12 years old. He always makes time for you, and will listen, no matter how much, or in my case how little you talk to him. I talk to him more now.

Those are the 2 guys I would like to be like. And thats all I have to say about that.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Pastor Phil said...

Luke... you are really blessed to have a friend like that. you need to find friends like that and handcuff yourself to them!

and Jason... noone else has got their own post dedicated solely to them, so that shows that you are pretty special to me man. i would step in front of a herd of angry penguins for you dawg.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been incredibly blessed with some really rad friends. I want to talk about Jackie Holdcroft and Alexa Douglas. They are two people I feel God has placed in my life on purpose. They both have been so incredibly encouraging to me and also really patient with me in times when I really didn't deserve for them to stick around; times when I would go through stuff and act moody or distant... or just times when I say dumb things and act ridiculous. ok I guess Im not making myself look good here, haha, but Im talking about Jalexa =). They have both told me multiple times that they pray for me and that means volumes. To know that two of the most fun, hilarious people are also watching my back - how rad is that. I only hope that I can return the incredibly rich blessing they have passed onto me by being my friends. I also think they are both gorgeous! inside and out.

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a guy that is the most amazing friend I know.

My friend, is Steve Veasey. He has been the most uplifting friend to me. An encouragement from God, he really inspires me to continue to grow and seek God more and more each day. When I have been feeling really down, he has always been there to help me realize the important things in life. What really matters and just how great life really is. He has been such an encouragment when i felt that i was alone and couldn't face things. He is very wise and always has something awesome to say.

Friends that uplift you and help you grow to be a better person, a person who seeks God and loves him with all your mind and life, are friends who really hold a place in my heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home