violent mob at lifeline
so last night we were talking about the Apostle Paul at Lifeline. i thought it might make an interesting twist to learning about him if we felt what it was like to be a part of the persecuted church.
so here was the plan... i would start my talk at youth, and when i had just begun scary guys with masks and guns would come and kidnap me, and take the kids at lifeline hostage.
the kids would then be taken from prison to prison where they would hear a story about Paul.
what happened next was somewhat unexpected... when i was dragged away and put in "prison" the kids all attacked the scary guys. i didn't actually see it, but i am told it was a vicious beating by the youth. when the captors finally gained control of the mob, after a good battle from both sides, the youth were taken as planned to different prisons to hear about the life of Paul.
i think it was pretty cool... what i want to know is what do you think about it? did being taken prisoner help you understand some of what Paul was, and ho whe was eventually treated?
did anyone get hurt in the big brawl?

6 Comments:
Very cool, Phil. I always wanted to do something like that. Hopefully it went as smoothly as it could have. Keep taking risks to get the message across!
hi its james.YA we had an awsome fight phil.we all got up and charged and (almost) everyone followed.so we all(most of the boys)latched on to the "gaurds"and started to (tried to)hurt them tom was the "meanest" gaurd because he had the plastic bat so he could actuly hit us(I know from experiance). so when I was running away I ran out of my shoes and our next station was outside.so tom made my go outside in my bare feet(I snuck away to get my shoes only to meet the courtious gaurd john who opened the door for me and let me get my shoes.when I got back I got hit again)But in the midst of the "gaurds" armed guard...ness it was realy pretty fun.(exept for the "torture" tom gave me ...10 pushups and situps)
P.S So if you didnt quite get the message I sorta did get hurt.........but it was fun.
Hey Phil its Jesse (rintoul) that night was cool but i didnt learn anything more about paul i already new all that we were told Tom was harsh but his bark was worse than its bite i kept making fun of every single error he and the other terrrrorists made and in return he threatend to hit me but never did (coward)just dont tell him i said that i think it would have worked a bit better if the "prisoners" hadnt repeated each other so much (i know every ones a critik)(did i spell critic right?) however on the story of paul itself I think its cool how God can take one of the most feared person by Christians and use him as one of his main followers if God can do that think what he can do to an open heart.
it is cool that you know quite a bit about Paul, but my guess is that sometimes learning the same story in a different way can teach us new stuff.
i think what we were trying to do is have people experience the story, and by experiencing it ( to a small degree ) we can sort of feel what Paul felt.
i totally agree with you on what you have to say about Paul though. were you here when that man from Syria came to church and told the story about the man who used to train suicide bombers? he was about to be caught by the government, so he moved to Jordan. there just happened to be some Christians nearby, and he began interacting with them. before you knew it this man became a follower of Jesus. so what he did was go back to the town where he recruited people to become suicide bombers, and he began to recuirt them to become followers of Jesus. his story reminds me of Paul's story... how God can take someone and make their life so completely opposite of what it was.
Hey Phil,
That night was fun but it was hard to hear about what the life leaders were saying. But thats ok because I know tonnes about Paul because we had to write a essay about him. He did alot to teach people more about God which was brave because of the groups against Chrstianity killing them.
Did you here what are lifegroup did to Johns and March the first? Well we T-Peed his car. I dident though because I was on vasileen duty(HEHE) I put it all over his door handles. But it dident work like we planed it would because some of the girls thought it would be a good idea if we rang the DOOR BELL which it wasent because as soon as we were a block away next then we knew John was right behind us with his dog! Some of the girls went back with becky to clean up and the rest went back with stepine. But we all ended going back because half way there paul came chasing us with his car! totaly freacked me out how he could drive so fast then sudenly do a u-turn! Once all the toilet paper was in a garbage bag John desided to KICK IT (not to smart because every peice of toilet paper went flying out of the bag!) Once we had cleaned up and started walking back these guys in a car (who we did not know) came speeding beside us screeming! I literley jumped a foot into the air cause it was so unexpected! I thought it would turn out like a hit and run. But all together it was an awsome night!
I think we didnt all of us got all the information about apostle paul as we could have. My group at least were acting up and talking practically the whole time!
Post a Comment
<< Home